Monday, November 18, 2013

Diaries of 68+1 (Chapter 3)

Alvin found Ariana sitting on an Investment Consulting Company stairway. Protest could be a good subject to start a conversation in such a situation. There was no need to a special introduction.
“You think how many more days do we have to continue protesting here?” Alvin asked Ariana .
“I didn't think someone who talks about the American Dream, asks such a question.”
“So you heard my words.”
“Yes, but I wonder why you compared our movement with 68’s movement.”
“What do you know about 68’s movement?”
“I only know Marin Luther King and my dad who was a Yippie, right?”
“You forgot to mention the students; I mean SDS and Tom Hayden!”
“Because I didn't know about them.”
“So you said that you are a Yippie’s daughter not Rupert Murdoch's!” 
“Right, I was.”
“And now?”
“Never mind”
“I didn't introduce my self. I am Alvin.”
“Ariana”
“You always come here Ariana?”
“This is my second home, after the church.”
“99%”
“Outside here all of us are a part of 1%”
Alvin taking out a cigarette from his cigarette pack and respond: “You know that my apartment is outside here!”
“Would you please not smoke Alvin?”
He put the cigarette in his packet and goes:
“If you were supposed to be the Mayer I would vote for you. “That's because I didn't let you light your cigarette?”
He just gazing at the protesters and smiled.
For a couple of minutes they didn't say a word. Ariana looked around bored.
“Do you work?” Alvin asked Ariana.
They didn't look at each other.
“Yes, but a part-time one. I am going to become a nun very soon.” The young lady that attracted Alvin, now was making him curious but he just said:
“I work part-time too. “ At that moment.
“Are you looking for a better job?”
“Yea, but the situation will be the same until I graduate next year. You know everything about Christine for sure. Don't you?” “Sufficient but not perfect.”
“I want to know more about Christine.”
“Bible!”
But Alvin was not looking for the Jesus Christ.
“I know Bible Jesus Christ but I want to know yours.”
Ariana didn't want her knowledge and belief in Jesus to be challenged but she couldn't think of a second choice.
“Do you want to talk about Jesus?”
“Yes, in another time and a better place.”
Ariana wasn't sure about his willingness but she didn't say a word. Alvin knew well that he could not invite Ariana to his apartment so he suggested university for another meeting.
“Maybe this is a heavenly examination for me.” She thought and accepted the invitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment