Monday, October 7, 2013

Lucy's Room (Chapter 4)

I didn't come back home last night and no one called me. It was the first night that I didn't sleep at home with any call. But no one was even interested to know where I was. I came back home after school and told to my mom: 
- Mmm… I guess I forgot to…
- What's the matter Lucy?
- Last night!
- Oh, Lucy. You're a big girl now. No need to mention.
- Really?! Could it be your reaction if Harry does the same I did? Without any call.
- Oh, it's different.
- What about Dad?
- It's about the same, Lucy.
- But, I don't think so. I'm sure you would say “Oh, Mike I trust you don't need to tell me everything”. Wouldn't you? Every thing is difference about Harry but not dad and not me.
- It's not a big deal Lucy. What's wrong?!
- If you had this chance to divorce me, would you…
- Are you crazy?
- ( Silence )
- This is not a divorce but like many fathers and mothers who left their family for someone or something else, I could do that.
- I don't believe it
- What are you looking for Lucy?
- Home.
- We are home.
- We were. 

No comments:

Post a Comment